i am innocent but I am fearful

“the innocent have nothing to fear” is a false dichotomy statement , becoming a cliché used by politicians and law enforcer. We are forcedly left with only two seemingly different extremes to choose between “I don’t fear therefore I’m innocent “or “I fear therefore I’m guilty”. This is a Black and White situation, a tricky statement. Fear is not always equals to guilt and so on.

Imagine, In an investigation. You are innocent but of course there always have something to be feared of. Fear of misjudge, invasion of privacy, and potential threat with the seemingly covert object of the statement. The statement is not an empirical knowledge and doesn’t hold an objective claim. It’s not always fixed that the innocent have nothing to fear but they can have something. A big fear and the smallest dot of fear will always be called as a “fear”. The statement is not a universal truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diet-Friendly Foods

3 easy steps to have FLAT ABS

my BESTFRIEND