my BESTFRIEND

Its been almost 10 years that we haven't seen each other.
She is my very first bestfriend. One of my real friends.
Joy, My bestfriend since My first grade in school.

We grow up together talking about our crushes at school, our secrets, our favorite cartoons,our school subject, our classmates and every wonderland that we can think of.
As a kid, we will always sit in the school corridor and talk about our fantasies or read Questor magazines. We were Alice's in our own wonderland. Frankly, you cant guess what wonderland we were thinking of. Clue: we were Power Ranger addicts those times.
We were also fond of music and dancing. We love the Spice Girls and I was an addict of the Moffatts that she gave me a complete magazine of them as a gift.
There were also some small fights for some small reasons. We have fought over some school skit, newfriends, secrets, and anything that can make two little girls fight.
Those are just some very beautiful memoirs of our childhood. How I badly miss those things and how I badly miss her company.

But those are just things from the past. This time is very different, We are now grown-ups or adults I might call it. We are taking our own paths and having different sets of company, friends, location, and mostly life.

Its Friday, June 18,2010 and its 10:36Pm in my clock, I just got home form there house. Yes its our very first meeting ever since. Its been 10 years and a lot of things has changed. Too bad that our first meeting after how many years is her moms wake. Her mom died of cancer. A struggle that I know will be too hard for her.
Yes she is a topnotcher, she is brave, she is the most intelligent person I have ever met. She is our Valedictorian, an NLE topnotcher, A medicine student and an Academic achiever. But she cant be brave and a topnotcher all the time. I was at their house a moment ago, she talked about her struggle about the death of her mom. She said that shes now getting numb of the pain. Shes now bored from crying. She said that, yes she knew how to counsel, she knew the process of grieving, she knew the defense mechanism and therapeutic communications. Sympathy and Empathy. But she said, "its easy to counsel and apply those theories when its happening to other people..but for myself its hard". I don't want to hear more of it. So I just skip and skip topics. Its hard to hear pains from a friend. You can taste their fears and their weakness and you can feel their sorrows and grief.
I was able to watch her moms montage, and I can feel my heart starts to weaken, my chest was getting tight, my throat was painful and my eyes are getting watery. I can feel how my bestfriend feel about it. She lost her mom at an early age and in a stage of crisis. The wake was full of people. People who shared with their griefs, who offered their condolences and people who loved their family. When I finally had the chance to see her, I was excited but worried maybe I have disturbed her from her rest. I can understand it. I dont want to disturb her. I want her to relax, get strong and well and be healthy again so that I can take her to my nature escapades. When I saw her, I hugged her and touch her cheeks with mine and I forgot I shouldn't do that. She was wearing her head turban and her glasses. She was smiling and giggled when she saw us. Cyrel and I. It hurts me to see her like that, wearing her turban. My bestfriend, undergoing several chemotherapy to fight cancer at an early age.It hurts too much seeing her like that. We laughed and talked a lot. Talking about ones career, reminiscing the past, and her struggles. I wanna hear more about what she is experiencing right now, but I dont want her think about those things. Instead I want her to think about those crazy and funny moments we had.
Its a long road going home. While I was seated comfortable in the car, I was thinking of her, imagining her face and thinking about those moments we had when we were once kids.., My eyes are getting watery again and my throat hurts.
Right now, deep in the nights and having my own time by myself.. I burst myself into tears...crying.. I want to imagine us together playing badminton and bowling, and her teaching me how to play tennis. Laughing out, crying out or even horrified while watching movies. Eating our favorite foods together and sharing some corny jokes or even sharing secrets. A fight, a failure, fears, disappointment, and sorrows together we both can talk about and share. No matter how crazy stuff it maybe or how awful it might be as long as we'll both cherish the long journey of life and seeing each others wrinkled faces in the future. We'll grow old watching our children and grandchildren playing...TENNIS.

Comments

  1. teary eyed...i miss all my bffs..love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diet-Friendly Foods

3 easy steps to have FLAT ABS